Christian Deceptions: One God Out Of Many
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he
him; male and female created he them.
- And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,
to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and
take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
- When man began to multiply on the face of the land and
daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the
daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their
wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, "My Spirit shall
not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall
be 120 years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days,
and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the
daughters of man and they bore children to them.
These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
- Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will
not understand each other. (Tower of Babel).
- Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was
sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day. When he lifted
up his eyes and looked, behold, three men were standing opposite
him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet
them and bowed himself to the earth.
- And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham,
and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
He said, "Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac,
and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt
offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you."
- Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his
throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his
right and on his left.
1 Kings 22:19
- And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods,
but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have
- Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD
of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there
is no God.
- For the moth will eat them like a garment, And the grub will eat
them like wool. But My righteousness will be forever, And My
salvation to all generations." Awake, awake, put on strength,
arm of the LORD; Awake as in the days of old, the generations
of long ago. Was it not You who cut Rahab in pieces, Who pierced
the dragon? Was it not You who dried up the sea, The waters of
the great deep; Who made the depths of the sea a pathway For
the redeemed to cross over?
- And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty,
but by my name the Lord I did not make myself known to them
- For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will
smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast;
and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment:
I am the LORD.
- The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
- Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?
- Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods
- Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- When the Most High divided the nations, when he separated the sons of
Adam, he established the borders of the nations according to the
number of the sons of the gods. Yahweh's portion was his people,
[Israel] his allotted inheritance.
- God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment."
- The heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD;
Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones.
For who in the skies can be compared to the LORD?
Who among the heavenly beings is like the LORD,
a God feared in the council of the holy ones,
great and terrible above all that are round about him?
O LORD God of hosts, who is mighty as thou art, O LORD,
with thy faithfulness round about thee?"
- For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
- How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
- Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the
Father; for which of them are you stoning Me"? The Jews answered
Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy;
and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."
Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law,
'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'?
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in
the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit