Welcome to Jesus Country where you don't
actually have to think for yourselves.
Religion is merely a neurological disorder and religious fanatics are
just delusional psychotics and ignorant fools.!
- You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics
do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call
yourself a Christian
- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered
prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works.
And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will
- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have
failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the
floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to
- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the
exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those
in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite
Hell of Suffering.
And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant"
- You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes
in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years),
but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by
pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that
the Earth is about 6,000 years old.
- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about
gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the
Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who
got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.
- Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to
Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah
slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the
elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women,
children, and trees! You do not flinch at the death of millions
during Noah's flood.
During the Middle ages, various Christian sects slaughtered each other
and continue to do so.
- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a
Trinity god (Nicene Creed).
- You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people
evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the
Biblical claim that we were created from dirt
- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other
religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of
A devout Christian friend of mine says atheists have no hope because they
do not believe in life everlasting given by the Lord. I'd have to say the
opposite. Believers have no need to live good lives here, accomplish anything
or even care about others. I'm not saying they feel this way. I'm just
saying they have no NEED to. They can just pray for forgiveness, confess
their sins and pledge to the Lord and they'll get their reward.